Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meridian trainer helps speedskater win silver medal

Speed Skating
The U.S. exceeded expectations when they picked up a silver medal in the men’s long-track speedskating team pursuit over the weekend. Competing in that event was none other than 19-year-old, Brian Hansen who worked with Bjørn Holtan, the Meridian trainer featured in my last post.

“He’s a great guy,” Holtan posted on Facebook. “Congratulations to him for getting the silver.”

This was Hansen’s first Olympics. The team defeated the Netherlands in a semifinal matchup for a chance at the gold medal but narrowly lost to Canada by a mere two-tenths of a second.

"I'm definitely a little stunned," Hansen said. "My first thought was, 'Oh my God, we beat the Dutch.' My second thought was, 'Oh my God, we won a medal.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your point!